Eco Pet Collar (locally made in Ontario)
We are now offering EM® ( effective microorganism) tick repelling collars for your furry friend! Effective Microorganisms (EM®) were created in 1980 by Dr. Teruo Higa. Our collars are made with EM® tick repelling clay beads, katsuki beads and comfortable European made paracord.
The EM® clay beads we use are manufactured under an exclusive license from Dr. Teruo Higa. The natural solution for Ticks. EM® Beads are made with naturally occurring micro-organisms that repel ticks and other insects. These are non-toxic to pets and children.
We have 2 styles and multiple colours/sizes to choose from:
Style 1- Locally hand-made in Kingston Ontario by our staff, double braided with EM® ceramic clay beads, AKA the Cobra
Style 2- German made with EM® ceramic clay beads and katsuki beads
EM® (Effective Microorganisms) Beads information for your Tick Collar
EM® Ceramics are ceramics (baked clay) that have been fermented with powerful EM® technology. EM® Ceramics are known to have powerful cleansing, adhesion, ultrasonic and far infrared properties. EM® Ceramics are used because they have the ability to cleanse a variety of liquids and can actually help restructure their stability. EM® Ceramics are often used to stabilize the structure within liquids, and use their strong adhesion properties to draw out unnecessary chemicals within water and other liquids. The powerful and ancient properties within EM® Ceramics omit ultrasonic and far infrared properties that allow these ceramics to cleanse and restructure liquids naturally. EM® Ceramics have also been made into beads and then crafted into jewelry because of their far infrared properties. Far infrared technology is compatible with human body tissue and can be used to promote circulatory health throughout the body. This far infrared technology has the ability to naturally penetrate human body tissue to truly promote improved circulatory function over time.
How are EM® Ceramics made?
EM® ceramics are made by fermenting a special clay with approximately 80 different microorganisms (EM) and then baked. The beads are baked at 1200 C, during which the structure of the clay changes, trapping the EM within its matrix. As a result, these EM® beads have their own particular wavelength and are very durable.
Are EM® Ceramic Tick collars safe?
An EM® Tick Collar should not have any side effects commonly associated with chemical tick treatments. This should make this a safer tick repellant for dogs with allergies and sensitivities. There is no 100% guarantee that EM® Ceramic collars will keep ticks off you or your pets. However, It is important to note, that there is no 100% guarantee for any other chemical treatment either! The best prevention is to avoid known tick areas, and to check your dog AND yourself for ticks after every walk. A vigorous and thorough brushthrough of the whole coat is advisable.
TIPS for effective use of the EM® Ceramic collar
• If your collar is an adjustable one, please keep in mind it may come loose during rough play.
• You get the best results when your dog wears the collar all the time during the tick season. It can take up to 4 weeks before the EM’s fully do their job.
• Before using it for the first time, rinse the collar thoroughly in warm water and let it dry naturally in the sun. Repeat this process every 10 days or so.
• It is important to keep the beads clean otherwise the wavelength of the emissions can be altered. You can use a little nail brush but DO NOT USE SOAP OR ANY CHEMICALS.
• If you use a bug spray or any essential oils as well as the collar, then make sure that the beads stay oil free.
• The collar can get wet, so it is no problem to swim with the collar. Just let it dry naturally in the sun on the dog afterwards. However it should not be worn in pool water because of the chemical treatments in the water.
• Although some have used the collars for two years with no obvious drop in performance, it is recommended by the bead manufacturers that the collars be replaced once a year.